For your convenience, we have created a checklist of items you will need for the arrangement conference.
- Veteran’s discharge papers (DD -214) – We need these documents to secure a flag for burial , and to otherwise assist you in applying for military burial benefits, eligibility, filing and advance planning.
- Social Security Number – We will notify the Social Security Administration of the death on your behalf. Please let us know if there are any dependents that may be eligible for benefits. We also need the social security number for the death certificate.
- Insurance policies, pre-need or pre-arrangement policies – insurance can make a difference. We’ll review your policies with you, and make sure you understand them. We’ll also provide any pre-need planning information that your loved one may have on file with us.
- Family information- It is often beneficial prior to the arrangement conference to have a list of the survivors and individuals who preceded them in death. This may include spouse, children, siblings, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, aunts, uncles, and other relatives.
- Clothing, jewelry, glasses, and other personal items
- Photos – Select several photos and bring them to the arrangement conference. We can use them for obituary notices, on a personalized service folder, and for creating a personalized video tribute. You can also email them to us prior to our meeting.